Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Recipe: Broccoli with Chicken Fritters and Oyster Sauce

Once again, I tried my wits in the kitchen. Here’s what I was able to whisk up with some broccoli, chicken nuggets and oyster sauce.


If you’re like me, who’s reached the bottom of the chicken fritters bag--with very few of them left, and with some leftover broccoli you wouldn’t want to waste, here’s what you can do. It’s surely not something that the chef de cuisine might even consider in his kitchen (who knows?), but hey, I trust my roommates’ taste buds, and when she says the meal’s delicious, then it has to be. As for me, it reminded me of a chicken teriyaki meal...


Broccoli With Chicken Fritters & Oyster Sauce

Total Prep Time: 10-15 minutes

What you’ll need:

  •     1 tablespoon butter
  •     2 tablespoon oyster sauce
  •     1 bunch of broccoli, cut into bite-pieces (or your leftover steamed broccoli)
  •     2 tablespoon vegetable or olive oil
  •     5-6 pieces of chicken fritters or tenders, cut into cubes
How it’s done:
  1. Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add the broccoli and blanch for 2-3 minutes, until it is tender but still crisp. Remove the pan and drain. (If you have leftover steamed broccoli, skip this step).
  2. In a small saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat and add butter.Add the chicken fritters and fry for 2 minutes.
  3. Toss in the broccoli, add oyster sauce, and stir for 2 minutes.
  4. Serve with potato or wheat bread. It goes well as rice topping too!
Bon appétit!



3 comments:

gonegaga said...

yum!

ryce said...

we'll try it...and "Filipinize" the recipe. *wink*

Snappy Sparrow said...

feed me! im hungry! hehehe